Phoenix is a very LGBT-friendly city, meaning that the gay community is very active in our community. It’s also home to some of the most well-known LGBT venues in the country, with events most nights of the year. Here are some of the ideas on how to date in Phoenix:
1. Have a romantic picnic date at Encanto Parks — Enchanted Moments at Encanto Parks is a popular date destination for the LGBT community, and it’s easy to see why: the park features a fountain, a golf course, and a limestone-lined lake surrounded by lush greenery. Park attendees can enjoy these outdoor amenities while taking in the scenic mountain views on the Park’s many trails.
2. Take the first Friday art walk with your special someone — It’s the first Friday of the month, time for artwalk Phoenix! This monthly, day-long artwalk is a fun, social event that encourages people to explore the art scene in the Phoenix area. As you walk, keep an eye our for pornstars as Phoenix is home to many. The Phoenix Art Museum, Phoenix Art League, Phoenix Art Centre, Lightner Museum of Eastern Arts, The Heard Museum, and numerous galleries are open to the public for free on the first Friday of every month.
3. Fan of reading? Cuddle up with your significant other in midtown Newton, Phoenix — If you are a fan of reading, Phoenix has many options in the cities’ many neighborhood libraries. With over 8,000 in-house readers in the metro area, in addition to numerous neighborhood branches in the same cities, you’re sure to find somewhere that suits your needs. Plus, the staff at the libraries are friendly and knowledgeable.
4. Dine under the stars at Cloth and Flame — If you’re looking for an intimate restaurant that serves great food and great cocktails, then this is the place for you. Cloth and Flame has a very elegant and classy atmosphere and has a great patio for outdoor dining and live DJs and entertainment.
5. Travel back time with your significant other at Century Grand — As a couple, sometimes it’s really nice to go back in time. If you’ve ever thought about doing it or were looking for a good time to start, Century Grand is the place to be. This beautiful Phoenix hotel is a favorite for couples who want to travel back to the 1950s.
6. Taste the best Mediterranean dishes at Different Pointe of View — Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort and Spa is a boutique resort located 7 miles from Sky Harbor International Airport and minutes from the heart of the Valley. You can bring your significant other here and taste the best Mediterranean dishes at Different Pointe of View eatery. Lively and trendy, the resort is ideal for upscale and stylish travelers looking for a place to experience the best in Phoenix.
If you are an LGBT person living in the Phoenix area, the first step to figuring out what kind of date venue is best for you can be a little overwhelming. Who knows, you might be a couple looking to go out on a first date, but also a date looking to meet a couple, or a couple looking to explore the nightlife. No worries, Phoenix has a thriving scene for LGBTQ people, with countless bars, restaurants, and clubs offering gay-friendly atmospheres. So it’s no surprise that you will be able to find the perfect place to have that romantic date.